[aprssig] APRS Open Spec

Michael Conrad do5mc at friggleware.de
Sun Nov 23 15:07:20 EST 2008

Hi,

> I guess you and I are on the same page, Ron, ready to head back to
> lurker mode.  I'm willing to make a positive contribution, but not able
> to provide the leadership to fight the elements opposing a coherent
> APRS specification.
are there some news about writing an open APRS spec ?

After Region 1 has accepted the original WIDEn-n the next construction site
could be a consolidated version of the APRS specification. Today it is very
hard to get an overview of APRS while there existing a lot of different
documents.

Greetings

     Michael Conrad