[aprssig] APRS Comment/Status Text Guidelines

Jack Spitznagel frawg at frawg.org
Thu Nov 20 10:34:32 EST 2008

Hi Bob, All,

Did you ever look at using the the automated reporting info that is
provided by many states with traffic monitoring systems? Maryland may be
an exception because of the urbanization of the central part of the
state but look at:

http://www.chart.state.md.us/travinfo/speedData.asp

and the associated map system at:

http://www.chart.state.md.us/MapNet/default.aspx

Click on the Baltimore - Washington area to see their map display which
also  reports "traffic events" .

The position of speed monitoring equipment is well known and it is
updated every 5 minutes. You could cherry pick the monitoring points you
want to report over the system as described below. I have been
considering a way to create my own "POI's" that map that data using the
SV2AGW tracker...

Just a thought!
Jack - kd4iz