[aprssig] OLPC $199 laptop again

Gregory A. Carter gcarter at openaprs.net
Mon Nov 17 11:32:00 EST 2008

For those of you looking into using a Mini laptop for APRS use, take a look
at the MSI Wind series of laptops.  I've done quite a bit of research on all
of the mini's available and the MSI Wind seems to offer the most for your
money.  Some models of the Wind have bluetooth built in which is an option
the Acer's don't offer.  the Wind is also offering a 160GB SATA drive
instead of a 120.

Since none of the Mini's have CD drives take a look at the LG Slim DVD
writer, it's very small and is powered from the USB port so no exernal power
required.

Mine is due to arrive today!

Greg

NV6G