[aprssig] 220 MHz transceivers

Brian Webster bwebster at wirelessmapping.com
Thu Nov 13 07:45:34 EST 2008

What is the rough cost on them?

Thank You,
Brian N2KGC

-----Original Message-----
From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org]On
Behalf Of Scott Miller
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 11:15 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: [aprssig] 220 MHz transceivers

The company that developed the 2-meter data transceivers I'm carrying
now
(https://www.argentdata.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=110)
has developed a 220 MHz version as well.  Would anyone be interested in
this for APRS?  I'd buy a batch regardless, but credit's gotten a little
harder to get lately and I'd rather not sit on a bunch of inventory
that's not going to move.

I really know nothing about 220 utilization in the local area - I've
always been under the impression that there is very little, if any.  Not
sure if that's true for the rest of the country.

Scott
N1VG