[aprssig] How About 40M APRS

g0jxn.jim g0jxn.jim at ntlworld.com
Thu May 29 13:19:40 EDT 2008

Dave Baxter wrote:
> Hi..
>
> FYI..   We have some limitations this side of the pond in regards to
> 30m.....
>
> ----------------------------------
>
> 10 MHz (30m) Neccesary UK Usage Bandwidth
> 10,100-10,140 kHz 200 Hz Telegraphy (CW)
> 10,116 kHz - QRP (low power) Centre of Activity
> 10.140-10.150 500 Hz Narrow band modes

Hi Guys

May I clarify the matter of 30m in the UK. The actual terms of the full UK licence allow:-

Morse
Telephony
RTTY
Data
Facsimile
SCTV

The only mode limitations are those laid out in the RSGB Band Plans. These Band Plans are not mandatory, indeed if you do not belong to the RSGB you may not even be aware that they exist. Power is limited to 26dBW.

APRS on 10.151 MHz is in wide use in Europe including the UK. However before I operated APRS on that frequency I consulted the then licensing authority on the matter. The only comment was that I should use 10.147.600 USB to avoid the possibility of out of band carrier leakage.

73

Jim, G0JXN