[aprssig] Status of the TH-D7A

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Thu May 29 03:47:58 EDT 2008

Marty, W7MSO wrote:
> Does anybody know the status of the Kenwood TH-D7A?  Although it's still on
> the Kenwood website I am seeing words like "discontinued" from other
> retailers.
>
> Marty Soehrman
> W7MSO

One of the people on this list that was at Dayton reported that Kenwood
was discontinuing it because they could no longer get certain
semiconductor parts used in the D7.  Apparently they had enough parts on
hand to fill current orders but no new ones.  [This inability to
continue to get key parts killed the Pocket Tracker a year or two ago.]

Rumor has it that a successor model to the D7 is in the works.......

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

NEW!   World Digipeater Map
  http://wa8lmf.net/APRSmaps