[aprssig] APRS needs...

Randy Allen ka0azs at earthlink.net
Mon May 26 21:28:49 EDT 2008

Definitely a matter of personal preference on size.  The D7 is actually
a little small for me, or at least at the bare minimum.

I'd be happy with something like the old IC-2AT brick (I still use the
2AT and 3AT on public service events) with acommaning increase possible
in the size of the display and keypad, with maybe more dedicated
function keys.  And an increase in the battery pack capacity.

And if we go to that size, an internal GPS would probably be doable.

I've handled my in-laws TH-F6's, and their keypads and controls are
almost unusable for me.  Both due to the physical size of the controls
for manipulation, and needing to get reading glasses or my bi-focals on
to read the bloody key markings.

Same with the VX-5 and 6, so I assume the VX-8 will have the same problem.

HT radio design is becoming a lot like the design of a lot of websites:
   The goal to get a "cool" design and make their geek credentials  with
little or no thought (or care) to how well if fits user needs.

/OF Rant mode off :-)

--
Randy Allen, KAØAZS