[aprssig] APRS radios

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Sun May 25 13:34:08 EDT 2008

Discovery's Science Channel (and Science HD) will be doing coverage
from 7p to 9p Eastern tonight too, live feeds, etc.

Michel Fournier might be jumping out of a pressurized capsule from 25
miles above the Earth around midnight-ish too, though he's tried to
do this a few times and had technical problems preventing it.
http://gizmodo.com/393142/frenchman-plummeting-25-miles-from-the-sky-will-break-sound-barrier-world-records

He's supposedly going to have GPS onboard and some sort of radio, but
I'm kinda doubting it's APRS.  Shame really, that would've been great
advertising.. :)

---Droo, K1XVM