Tactical Value? [was: VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] YaesuVX-8R)]

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu May 22 00:10:57 EDT 2008

So if we add an 'Argent' logo as a symbol, everyone automatically knows
about all of that stations capabilities too, right?

Do you expect users to memorize each vendor's capabilities, or just to
go look up the instruction manual online and search for the relevant
sections?

Capabilities need to be described explicitly.  I understand the
historical reasons for the Kenwood symbol, but we really need to be
moving away from vendor symbols.

Scott
N1VG