[aprssig] XO2 / OLPC

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed May 21 15:16:44 EDT 2008

The first XO2 machines should be ready to deliver to children in 2010,
with prices slashe to $75. The new version loses the green rubbery
keyboard, sporting instead a single square display hinged at its centre.
This allows the device to be split into two touch screens that can
either mimic a laptop with keyboard or the pages of a book. The new
machine will also be more energy efficient, half the size of the first
generation device and lighter to carry. They have also resumed announced
the "Get-One-Give-One" programme. www.laptop.org

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH