[aprssig] Dayton, Voice Alert, Ohio and WV.

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 19 13:50:37 EDT 2008

By the way, there were over 225 APRS stations seen on the map at
Dayton.  And I left my Voice Alert on.  I only heard one other
person beaconing with Voice Alert, and he didn't answer...

So either everyone turned off voice alert (reasonable), or we
just are not getting the word out about how valuable this
feature is.  In my entire 500 mile drive out and back, I also
crossed no one with Voice Alert (144.39 CTCSS 100).

Also, less than Half the digis in Ohio (that I saw) were New-N
paradigm.
Morgantown WV which used to show lots of folks, was quiet and no
digis so I could not get out.

Also as usual, no coverage in Eastern Ohio along I-70.  At least
it would be nice to get a digi near the intersection of I70 and
I77.  Not only that, but a Voice repeater object to the
excellent repeater there.

As verizon says... IT'S THE NETWORK folks...

Bob, WB4APR