VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R)

K7FTP k7ftp at commtechreview.net
Tue May 20 15:04:47 EDT 2008

Bluetooth serial connectivity in general would have been even better.  But
looking at the size of the radio and buttons (not everyone has small hands),
plus the lack of BT GPS or general serial connectivity, my wife and I
decided on a pair of Kenwood TH-D7AG's.

A little larger of a radio (providing for a better front end) and bigger
buttons and we might have held off for the 8r.

A built-in GPS receiver and/or BT serial connectivity and I think we would
have made a different decision.