VX-8R Symbol/SSID (Was Re: [aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R)

Drew Baxter droobie at maine.rr.com
Tue May 20 14:00:41 EDT 2008

At 01:55 PM 5/20/2008, Randy Allen wrote:
>I got a chance to speak to the Yaesu rep on
>Saturday at Hamvention.  He stated the blue
>tooth support is for the ear piece only, no GPS
>support.  I did pass on to him that blue tooth GPS support would be popular.
>
>--
>Randy Allen, KAØAZS

I agree.  Bluetooth earpiece support is pretty
sweet but a good BT GPS will work from your
pocket.  You could theoretically drop it in there
and just use your rig as usual.  I think BT GPS
would definitely be a welcome addition to the mix.

I saw somewhere (eham or somewhere) that the list
price is supposed to be like 300-350$.  If that's
true, I'd be interested certainly.  I've avoided
buying a D7A(G) because I was worried something else might come along.

--Droo, K1XVM