[aprssig] Re: APRS messaging agent

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Tue May 20 10:27:29 EDT 2008

On Tue, 20 May 2008, Tapio Sokura wrote:

> That's not an APRS packet, it's just the payload part. You also need to have
> the AX.25 headers, at least from and to callsigns. You'll probably also want
> to add a digipeater field with the contents of "TCPIP*" if you are directly
> connected to APRS-IS. If outputting the same text works with UI-View, then
> it's probably because UI-View automatically adds the header part.

You also need to authenticate to the APRS-IS stream.  There's an
example of it in 'C' out in the wild.  I adapted that code for Perl
a while back and use it in all of my Firenet packet-injection
scripts.  I can hunt down an example if you still need it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer