[aprssig] Re: APRS messaging agent

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Tue May 20 08:41:20 EDT 2008

Andrew Rich wrote:
> Having troubles
>
> I even telnet rotate.aprs.net 14580 - i was verifed thats ok , but when I send this, nothing happens
>
> =2734.44S/15306.20E' {UIV32N}

That's not an APRS packet, it's just the payload part. You also need to
have the AX.25 headers, at least from and to callsigns. You'll probably
also want to add a digipeater field with the contents of "TCPIP*" if you
are directly connected to APRS-IS. If outputting the same text works
with UI-View, then it's probably because UI-View automatically adds the
header part.

   Tapio