[aprssig] A wish for the next TM-D710A firmware update

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Tue May 20 08:49:58 EDT 2008

I agree on the quality above quantity but how about those areas where
coverage is nill to very poor ? In those cases quantity does help but in
moderation. I just did a quick trip from SC to FL and back this past weekend
and it came up. Many areas have poor to no coverage along I-95 and some
areas you just hear an occasional packet. In those instances where there is
a slight opportunity to get a position a higher rate will have a higher
chance of getting digi'ed or heard by an I-Gate.

Actually I would like to see a "MSBurst" key maybe...I know it could be a
nightmare out in the general public but in those areas while you are driving
sending a packet out every 30-45 seconds may actually work. Possibly once
the "My Position" ack is received the high rate of speed would be
deactivated to avoid potential abuse.

Rich