[aprssig] HAMFEST objects

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon May 19 12:38:31 EDT 2008

> The HFESTxxxx is good. It can be HFESTmmdd.
> Thus it would give the mm (month) and dd (day)
> of the next one... far in advance.

Having the same data anywhere in the world on the same day would
mess it up.  So that is why I suggested the HFEST-dda where dd
is the day and "a" is the serial number to be unique.

And I don't think we should have such adevertisements on for
more than a month.  So day-only should do nicely.   If one is on
the 1st of july, then it should not be posted until after the
1st of June... Etc..  Though, I would wait till maybe 3 weeks
before so people wont just think it is a day old symbol that
someone forgot to remove.

> The HFESTxxxx is good. It can be HFESTmmdd.
> Thus it would give the mm (month) and dd (day)
> of the next one... far in advance. Now, if there
> were two happening on the the same weekend, then
> there would be some cancellation. But what are
> the chances of that happening in the same regional
> area?

Even if they are around the world, if you tell people to go see
it on FINDU.COM, then half the time, they would not see yours
but would see the one in China...

Bob, Wb4APR