[aprssig] Embedding live APRS maps on a web page: Dayton example

Steve Grantham aa5sg-2 at sera.org
Thu May 15 13:27:09 EDT 2008

I have been doing this on my UI-View32 web pages at W5NRU for a couple of
months now.  I have a map of the local area on the main index page, but have
tracking maps on other pages.  I have it set up so the pages with these maps
don't automatically refresh since the embed maps refresh on their own.  I
left the pages without maps with their default ability to refresh.

When I click on a callsign link or enter a valid callsign/callsign-ssid in
the search box, a page opens up with the appropriate track map embedded.  I
will paste below a copy of the embed script that I have inserted on my
ui-view info.html page.  If anyone wants to see the full page source, I can
perhaps post that somewhere later.

73 for now...
Steve, AA5SG

"##CALLSIGN##"; // track this callsign </script> <script
type="text/javascript" src="http://aprs.he.fi/js/embed.js"> </script> </p>