[aprssig] Yaesu VX-8R

Dave Baxter dave at emv.co.uk
Thu May 15 11:53:40 EDT 2008

Hmmm...

That weblink is dead, or so it appears...

However, I hope this new radio does NOT use a version of the Tasco
TNC-on-a-chip, with all it's known limitations.  Anyone know what it
does use for the packet/APRS functionality?

73..

Dave G0WBX.

PS:
Just spent 3 days in/near Dover UK for work.  Zero, yes, Zero APRS
activity heard each evening/night, using a D7 in a hotel room.  Could
hear a couple of local voice repeaters quite well, but couldn't access
them.  QRP don't cut it down there...

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk