[aprssig] What the? Local situational awareness?

Rick Green rtg at aapsc.com
Sun May 11 17:05:06 EDT 2008

On Sun, 11 May 2008, Chris Rose wrote:

> HI,
> Where are U?  I tried to look in the area you had
> specified in your post for the Italian station but
> can't see the location on my APRS map screen.  I am
> looking at the county line of Monroe and Wayne near
> Lake Erie.  Am I in the right spot?
  Yup.
   While it's still displayed on my screen, the last packet seen was
at 10:06 this morning.  So it appears the station is no longer
broadcasting this object, or if they are, they've moved it outside my
filter window.
   Another anomaly:  I can see it on my one workstation ('angel') which is
connected to the APRS-IS via rotate.aprs.net with filter m/150.  However,
on my other workstation ('jot'), which is connected to indiana.aprs2.net
with filter a/43/-85.1/42/-83.4, it doesn't display, because it's just
slightly outside of my filter range.

--
Rick Green, N8BJX

                                   -Benjamin Franklin