[aprssig] simple and cheap digapeater?

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Thu May 8 16:04:17 EDT 2008

I'm kind of partial to my Tracker2 (but I'm just a bit biased).  If you
want a fairly small and affordable package, you can get the Alinco
DR-135T (not the TP) and a T2-135 board to install in it.  Add power and
an antenna and you're ready to go.  You can also hook a weather station
up to the rear panel DB9 (or the front panel data jack, if it's a Peet
Bros station - either way will work).  If you're on a shoestring, you
can wire a $5 temperature sensor to the rear panel and get at least that
much data.  If you get the standalone OT2m version, it already has
temperature and voltage sensors.

It's easily configured by remote, even if you've got to go through an
IGate and another digi or two to send it commands.  I've controlled a
T2-135 in Oklahoma from my desk in California.

My next choice would be the Coastal Chipworks TNC-X with the digi
add-on.  I'm not sure if it has any remote control capabilities, though.

Scott
N1VG

http://www.argentdata.com/products/tracker2.html