[aprssig] Denver and Baltimore Airport Digi?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 8 12:49:46 EDT 2008

I could not get into APRS from the Denver Airport with a D7?

(I always test each airport I pass through for APRS coverage..
And my own backyard Baltimore area needs one too... So my kettle
is also black...)

I was stuck in the denver airport and looking out the windows at
those mountains, I thought I'd play with my D7 HT and was
surprised that I could not get into any digis (nor hear them).
I was standing next to a huge glass window facing the mountains.

I know that Denver has good coverage for mobiles, but with all
the attenuating glass at the airport, maybe there could be a low
power digi out there for people carrying their D7?...

I had good HT coverage from the colorado springs airport and
USAFA, thanks.

Just a thought.
Bob, WB4APR