[aprssig] DAO on findu? aprs.fi?

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Wed May 7 05:38:25 EDT 2008

That's great!  I just discovered aprs.fi a few weeks ago, and it is a very
very nice interface.  Wow.  I recall a problem with findu not decoding the
compressed format's speed and heading either, does aprs.fi decode compressed
format correctly?  Findu seems to always display a speed of 19.4mph.

Wes

On Wed, May 7, 2008 at 4:31 AM, Heikki Hannikainen <hessu at hes.iki.fi> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 May 2008, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:
>
> Does findu decode and apply the !DAO! format?
> >
> > What about aprs.fi?
> >

>  aprs.fi doesn't currently decode !DAO!, but OH2KKU wrote parsing code for
> it in the Ham::APRS::FAP Perl parser last night, and committed the
> code to the svn repository. Looking at the IRC channel log, he started at
> around 01:40 AM local time, and finished at 04:33 AM. I'll try to test it
> (and add unit tests) this weekend, and install it on aprs.fi soon after
> (and publish a new version of the parser). Thanks, Tapio!
>
>  - Hessu, OH7LZB

Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.