[aprssig] N4243B is Back!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat May 3 17:35:35 EDT 2008

> In this case, it looks like the FCC should be notified.

This is fun.  We should be well practiced not only to hunt down
the easy GPS reports but to also be able to DF etc.  The fun
part will be keeping up with this guy as he changes calls to
avoid our wrath.  SO some secondary sleuthing should nail down
those places where he stops at (house, work, airfield) so that
when he changes his call again, we simply know where to look.

In fact, the original APRS (ans I assume the clones) has a
proximity detector that you can set around a certain area.   If
an APRS mobile enters that area, an alarm goes off.  So even if
this guy disappears again, such a "proximity alarm" set on his
house with say a 1 mile range would let us know when he is
back... Under a different alias...

Bob, WB4aPR