[aprssig] N4243B is Back!

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Sat May 3 14:49:31 EDT 2008

Rich Garcia <k4gpsc at gmail.com>, Sat, 3 May 2008 08:14:36 -0400:

>Yes Jan, this is the APRSSIG based in the USA so it is probably the
>appropriate place to reach those operators.

Well, the UI-View group is also located in the USA (and not at
yahoogroups.uk) but anyway, amateur radio is international and not a
USA only matter, and I would also suggest that frequency abuse should
be handed over to those authorities which are in power to do something
about it. Some places, it's the national AR association first, and
then the "official" authorities (like FCC in your country). But that
wasn't the main thing.

>I don't know about you but even though I love the APRSSIG but I would NOT
>call this "public media", it's not like
>we are posting video documentaries on You Tube :-)

Well, even if I used a couple of year's of application before I was
allowed into the APRSSIG, and am living in a part of the world where
USA is regarded as a faraway country, I see the sig as public enough
to reach all its members plus their friends if they are interested,
and if abusers have contacts within the group, they would see if what
they are doing is making much noise, and if so, they might probably be
encouraged to continue or increase their abuse.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway