[aprssig] Considering buying a D7 - Some Basic Questions

Greg D. ko6th_greg at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 28 23:49:00 EDT 2008

>> Can the radio transmit on the above charger?
>>

> No.  The charger can't supply the full TX current drain. It falls out of
> regulation and puts AC hum on the TX signal.

Actually, I have had success transmitting with the power adapter when the HT was on the lower power setting (med, I think).  Don't know about hum, however, but I was able to do APRS with it.  I also think it did work on high power when on a stiffer power supply (the shack's 13.8v system, via a cigarette plug).

Greg  KO6TH