[aprssig] APRS 6m MeteorScatter net - WA8LMF-2 now on air

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:57:29 EDT 2008

>  >>> Everyone with 6m APRS come join us this weekend on 50.62 MHz.
>
>   As of 11:15 Pacific Daylight Time ( Friday 28 March) I am now beaconing
>  on 50.62 FM at 10 seconds after each minute with about 50W power output
>  using standard 1200 baud packet.
>
>  UIview has a meteor mode that can send rapid-fire bursts of multiple
>  beacons once a minute at a specified offset from the top of the minute.
>  I have it set to 4 second bursts, starting at 10 secs after the top of
>  each minute.    This gets out 6 repetitions of the beacon on each cycle.

Please be gentle if there is activity in your area.   50.62 is a
shared packet frequency.  When I suggested 50.62 I was thinking of a
little less aggressive beaconing.

It will be an interesting experiment.  I'll be surprised if anything
gets through since ax25 requires such a strong signal and the packet
bursts are long compared to the meteor bursts.   There are several
better modes as the Propnet or WJST folks have adopted.

It's getting close to the spring E-skip season so it is time to get
the 6 meter gear on the air.

73
Bill - WA7NWP