[aprssig] Free Ham Mobile Web Page (MAP.FINDU.COM)

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Tue Mar 25 18:51:44 EDT 2008

At 03:45 PM 3/25/2008, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>Hummh... MAYBE...  What we need to define is the minimum setup
>of AGWPE so that a laptop with sound card plugged into the
>mobile Mic jack could do the above, that is, send out a grid
>square posit, some objects, and some messages without all the
>other APRS bloat?

         It isn't APRS, but you can use PSK31 without any interface
at all if necessary.  Just put the transceiver mic close to the
laptop speakers, key up (or even use VOX) and use the computer to
send your message.  You can receive by placing the computer mic close
to the transceiver speaker.  Quick & dirty, and sometimes you need a
fill, but it works in a pinch.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham