[aprssig] LCD in the car

Michael Hatzakis Jr MD lists at hatzakis.net
Sun Mar 23 21:04:45 EDT 2008

I have a Dell Inspiron remote mounted in the trunk with a touch screen
mounted on my dash.  I've got a 12-lead control cable that runs with the VGA
cable and a tiny push button switch mounted just below the LCD that allows
me to turn on and off and reset when it hangs.  The dell has a surface mount
on-switch that was very each to solder two wires to.  See my previous post.

The mouse is mounted to my arm rest and is RF, so no wires are needed and
actually is more convenient than the touch screen.  I have a micro-keyboard
in the glove box when I need to type an address or run RTTY.

And not sharp at all, not to worry.

Michael