[aprssig] HF APRS Transceiver

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Mar 7 22:41:01 EST 2008

Stephen WA8LMF wrote...

> [SIDE THOUGHT: Are 3.579 color burst xtals going to become
> rare hard-to-find commodities with the switch to ATSC (digital) TV???]

That is sure a possibility, but on the other hand, there could be a
surplus of old TVs that they could be salvaged from!

> The PSK-20, -30 and -40, on the other hand, are true superheterodynes
> with an actual IF system at a fixed frequency regardless of operating
> freq. They would only require changing a single L.O. crystal to tune
> onto a new frequency in the same band.

Thanks for the info. That shows how much I studied the drawing! So
it's just Y6 that would be needed to QSY! That means that the PSK-**
radios would be a lot easier to use for APRS or voice use than the
80M Warblers - which I had actually studied!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH