[aprssig] HF APRS Transceiver

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 18:59:19 EST 2008

I always found that to be quite interesting. In the USA on occasion you can
see a Motorola Micor I believe on HF but that is about it. I know that
Harris has made commerical HF radios but never seen them up for sale
surplus.

How large and expensive are they over there? I wonder if it would be cost
feasable to search long distance to purchase one if interested?

I ran a HFGate for over 8 years on a Kenwood TS-850S/AT 24/7 365 and after 2
trips to the repair station and the APRS-IS going on line I gave up. That
was/is a great rig and should not be wasted on one specific frequency
getting very little use.

Rich
K4GPS