[aprssig] HF APRS Transceiver

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Fri Mar 7 15:20:04 EST 2008

Eric,

The MFJ Cub transceivers are CW only. You would need a transceiver
capable of sideband phone transmissions. Then you need it to be stable
on frequency. It would be impractical to make that little CW transceiver
into a phone transceiver it not impossible. Even if you could do it, the
darn thing drifts too much to be of any use with APRS. You need a real
ground up phone transmitter that is VERY stable.

Duffy
www.wb8nut.com