[aprssig] HF APRS Transceiver

Amateur Radio WB8NUT duffy at wb8nut.com
Fri Mar 7 15:20:04 EST 2008


The MFJ Cub transceivers are CW only. You would need a transceiver 
capable of sideband phone transmissions. Then you need it to be stable 
on frequency. It would be impractical to make that little CW transceiver 
into a phone transceiver it not impossible. Even if you could do it, the 
darn thing drifts too much to be of any use with APRS. You need a real 
ground up phone transmitter that is VERY stable.


Eric H Christensen wrote:
> I've been trying to find the answer to this question for a few days but you can't find good electronics answers anymore.  I'm hoping that there will be someone on here that has more/better electronics experience than I.
> MFJ makes a "cheap" CW-only HF transceiver that is for single bands but does allow a small amount of tuning within that band.  What extra circuitry is needed to connect something like an OpenTracker+ to this type of transmitter so it will transmit 300 baud packet?
> 73,
> Eric W4OTN
> _______________________________________________
> aprssig mailing list
> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig

More information about the aprssig mailing list