[aprssig] Rotate.aprs.net technical question (Was: APRS IS Issue ?)

dick at kb7zva.com dick at kb7zva.com
Mon Mar 3 17:12:57 EST 2008

>>  So, if 3 Core servers are handling 500 hams... in theory we would need an
>>  additional 9 Core servers for a total of 12 Core servers, just for hams.

>This statement makes the invalid assumption that the core can handle
>no more than it handles right now.
>-Jason
>kg4wsv

Jason,

I typed this big long response to your statement, then realized who you are.
I saved it under my drafts to post at a later date <g>

You are the new THIRD.aprs.net sysop and a solution to our most recent issues.
Welcome aboard and thanks for the use of your resources. Simple question...
How many connects do you feel the Core can handle? Before you answer,
re-read the original question and realize it was only an assumption.

Dick, KB7ZVA