[aprssig] So long.... APRS-IS officially has lost 1/2 it's servers.

Gerry Creager gerry.creager at tamu.edu
Sun Mar 2 11:35:27 EST 2008

A new THIRD is on the air and in rotate.aprs.net.  We're evaluating to
determine if a new FOURTH will be needed or merely "nice to have".  It
certainly was nice to have when Dave was helping with the servers!

I, for one, will miss Dave's expertise in evaluating network and flow
anomalies.

I anticipate that, at some point, refusing connections to
non-verified/non-ham users will become necessary as Ham use of APRS-IS
grows.  I am hopeful that the CWOP-dedicated servers will not make this
mandatory immediately.

73, Gerry N5JXS
first.aprs.net