[aprssig] APRS value at events

Jesse (KC5LOS) kc5los at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 2 11:27:18 EST 2008

Mine will run 48 hrs. All I could afford in batteries. If I could just
get a solar panel or 2 I might be able to increase that. Still gota do
some reading as thats a new area I havn't dabbled in. But my APRS PC is
a IGATE wit a 12v power supply in it and My modem/router is also setup
for 12v. I stray away from inverters as they tend to do wierd things and
are not reliable for emergency power in electronics unless you need to
drill something or maybe...maybe cut something with the electric fillet
knife.

All my digipeaters all have Generators and Battery banks onsite so I
don't worry about those.

But it does help to get out to send a message especially if you have a
D7a with a AA pack and need to get a message out and the local repeater
isn't on battery backup....