[aprssig] CQ Server operational question

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 30 19:08:02 EDT 2008

I was plugging away on my brand-new D7(one of the last HRO had),
playing with messages to my D700 (-9), EMAIL, WHO-IS and CQ. All the
beeps and bleeps are really cool.  I'm actually trying to get a
handle on the fact that my D700 and D7  seem to only sporadically
recognize my own "echo" posit-packets off the local digi.  I don't
see "MY POSITION" when I should (30 min, or with a new location).

ANYWAY...

You misunderstood my main question.  I was sending CQ FD *before*
field day, I believe, on Thursday.  I received a message to the
effect that I was _too early_ for Field Day.

This one:

CQSRVR      K9DCI-2      06/27 01:59:41z      Sending too soon to FD

Was *that* an auto reply?

  Late in a long and already complicated day to figure out the zulu time, but I think that's Thurs eve 9pm CDT.  (:-)

What you answered:

Indeed, I also saw the "too many CQ messages" message, but I think I
saw something to that effect in your CQSRVR  tutorial because it
*didn't* puzzle me.
This:

CQSRVR      K9DCI-2      06/27 01:58:54z      3 messages sent to FD

--

73, Steve, K9DCI