[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Re: APRS through ISS and FD

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Fri Jun 27 09:38:59 EDT 2008

The new definitive answer is yes, the ISS does count as a real amateur
satellite!  We buried them in documentation concerning past usage, and
recognition, and sanity prevailed!

Alan
WA4SCA

FYI. Have fun!

Kenneth - N5VHO

________________________________

From: Kutzko, Sean, KX9X [mailto:kx9x at arrl.org]
Sent: Fri 6/27/2008 8:03 AM
To: Ransom, Kenneth G. (JSC-OC)[BAR]
Cc: patrick at wd9ewk.net
Subject: RE: Re: APRS through ISS and FD

Gentlemen-

At the request of several in the satellite community, I spent some time
last evening reviewing data presented to me concerning my ruling that
the ISS would not count for satellite QSO credit during Field Day.

After reviewing the data last evening, I have come to the conclusion
that my first ruling was incorrect; The ISS is indeed eligible for
satellite QSO credit during Field Day.

Please forward this to the appropriate forums. I hope everybody has fun
this weekend.

73,

Sean Kutzko, KX9X
Contest Branch Manager

ARRL - The national association for Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington CT 06111-1494
Telephone: 860-594-0232
Fax: 860-594-0259