[aprssig] [amsat-bb] Re: APRS through ISS and FD

Alan P. Biddle APBIDDLE at UNITED.NET
Wed Jun 25 16:06:01 EDT 2008

And the definite answer to the question is NO, the ISS is not a satellite,
so it doesn't get you the bonus.  I recall its status came up before, and is
a bit anomalous.  I did suggest a slight modification to the Q&A on the FD
package next year to clarify what is not necessarily an intuitive situation.
Well, there is GO-32 if you want to do 9600 baud, and there is certainly
going to be less traffic.

Alan
WA4SCA

==

Hi Alan -

Thanks for the note. As the ISS is NOT a satellite, this would not qualify
for the 100-point bonus. To earn that credit, you will need to make a QSO
through one of the recognized Amateur Radio satellites.

Have fun at Field Day this year!

73,

Sean Kutzko KX9X
Contest Branch Manager
ARRL - The national association of Amateur Radio
225 Main Street
Newington, CT  06111 USA
(860) 594-0232
email: kx9x at arrl.org