[aprssig] APRSD mangling Mic-E packets

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Fri Jun 27 08:17:53 EDT 2008

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008, David and Ann Fraser wrote:

> There seems to be a problem with this happening here in New Zealand, and
> I remembered discussion about the problem on this mailing list, but I
> couldn't seem to find out what the outcome was in the list archives.
>
> Is/was there a solution?

Yes, there's a solution.  It involves tweaking one file and
recompiling.  Someone submitted a patch to the aprsd Sourceforge bug
tracker that solves the problem for Mic-E.  The patch allows the
five unprintable characters that Mic-E uses to pass by ok on Linux
AX.25 ports.

I revised the patch slightly to pass all 8-bit characters as it's
possible to send any 8-bit value with user-defined packets.

I sent the modified patch to Chuck.  Hopefully it'll appear in the
CVS sources soon, then perhaps a new release will come out with the
fix.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer