[aprssig] OT: Broadband internet in remote locations

Rich Garcia k4gpsc at gmail.com
Thu Jun 12 21:39:07 EDT 2008

I'll keep that in mind if I ever decide to upgrade mine. I hope to have DSL
or Cable in the next 2-3 years and I think this one should do just fine for
that time.

As far as the comments in relation to depending on the internet it's not a
matter of dependance or not, it's a matter of using using the tools that you
have at hand. Do not depend on one thing, have them all ready, tested,
proven and awaiting until you need them.

Most emergencies/disasters will not wipe out all form of communications to a
point where amateur radio is our only hope, if that time comes it will be a
sad day. For those who belive in getting ready for that you can contact me
off list and I can point you in the right direction to some very active
survival mailing lists! Not that I frequent those....