[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 48, Issue 11

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Thu Jun 12 13:59:42 EDT 2008

At 11:42 AM 6/12/2008, Tom Hayward wrote:
> >         What you seem to be asking for is readily available, using
> > UI-View32 and Precision Mapping (version 5 or 7).  Works well, covers
> > the entire USA with street-level mapping, but unfortunately no topo
>
>Thanks for the effort, but it's topo I need. We do about 60%
>wilderness searches, topo and trail data is essential. I've used
>UI-View with Mappoint--that works for roads, although most of the
>logging roads we search are missing (from all maps, not just
>Mappoint).

         Ah, OK.  Sorry PM7 won't do the job.  I guess what you want
then, would be Xastir -- it allows you to download topo maps from
somewhere, but I can't remember the specific details.  I was using
Xastir on my laptop, via VMware, but the laptop rolled over and died
a few months ago.  Oh well, that's life I guess.

         7 3
         Earl

KD5XB -- Earl Needham
Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk