[aprssig] New Open Source APRS Client Project

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 12 11:30:21 EDT 2008

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008, Tom Russo wrote:

> The much-talked-about-never-worked-on
> Xastir 2.0, written properly with a more portable windowing toolkit than
> Motif, would be suitable for that.  But so far it's all talk, as nobody
> has time to start such a huge task.  We're all too busy using and
> tweaking Xastir 1.x.

Wasn't it W.C. Fields that said:  "Quitting drinking is easy.  I've
done it hundreds of times!"

I've started the work to move the interface/database code into a
separate daemon several times now.  I'm planning to start that
effort again this summer, hopefully to complete it this time.  This
is the first step toward Xastir 2.0, as then we can add an SQL
database onto it and create clients to talk to it.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com
http://www.eskimo.com/~archer