[aprssig] FW: Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Dave Baxter Dave at emv.co.uk
Mon Jun 9 04:02:30 EDT 2008

Sorry, hit the Send button too soon!...

73

Dave G0WBX.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Baxter
Sent: 09 June 2008 09:00
To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
Subject: RE: [aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

You can use 27C512 chips too, often much easier to find..  Just program
the '256 image in the TOP half of the chip, and it will work just fine
in a socket expecting a 256.   If you want to be doubly sure, program it
into both top and bottom halfs of the chip.

I've been doing this with other equipment that normaly expects 27256's,
and never had a failure yet, for the last few years.

As to UIDIGI.  AFIK, that does not run on the TNC220, due to that not
being a "clone" of the TNC2.  The UIGIGI website seems rather slow and
clunky today....

This mail has been scanned by Palmer Cook Computer Services Limited.  www.palmercook.co.uk