[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Wed Jun 11 16:32:44 EDT 2008

Gerhard <f5vag.eu at gmail.com>, Mon, 9 Jun 2008 21:35:59 +0200

>You didn't hear me say that I am happy with the way how things
>evolved.
(snip)

No, and I don't think I wrote anything that could be interpreted that
way.
I am aware of the slow activity in the IARU region; they should
probably have some electronic hearing and decision taking system so
taht not everything has to wait for the next meeting.

>If you want, I'll pull the green push pin out of Norway.You have
>certainly seen my reference from the NRRL site. The only thing
>I can read for sure on that page is "WIDEn-N" several times.
>May be I should have quoted CT08 C5 33 NRRL "Common
>standards for APRS".

I'm not in position to ask for a change of your map, I just tell that
the WIDEn-N system isn't country-wide in LA. The next digi except for
the one I am managing is a trace digi (brown dot when I use the net
analysis tool from M0CYP), and there are several others, as well, so a
traveler can't count on being digipeated properly with either setup in
her or his car.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway