[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Mon Jun 9 14:07:09 EDT 2008

John Ronan <jronan at tssg.org>, Sun, 8 Jun 2008 21:39:59 +0100

>> now, seriously:
>Before we get serious... what was wrong with using relayn-n? ;)

h i - I am sure it would have worked :-)

>> However, when the region 1 recommendation eventually comes, we'll
>> probably use it region-wide.
>
>Well,
>If there is knowledgeable, full and frank debate, then yeah...

It will be that if somebody invites to one, but I wouldn't knaow
where. A moderated yahoo or Facebook group with the need to give some
evidence that members are radio amateurs?
I think that the TAPR aprssig might be a not-too-good place.
And it's a shame that the implementation of "standards" so far has
been a matter afaik, almost without any attempts to use the
associations' annual meetings as a place for an aprs workshop. I
haven't heard about any such association-based decisions before SSA
(Sweden) announced their recommendation of RELAY,TRACEn-N / TRACEn-N
this spring, after their annual meeting.

--
73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway