[aprssig] Time to UPGRADE obsolete DIGIS!

Michael Conrad do5mc at friggleware.de
Mon Jun 9 09:57:49 EDT 2008

Michael Conrad schrieb:
> Hi John,
>
>> What would the possibility be of including More Countries
>>
>> If necessary I could run the script on another machine, if load was
>> an issue..
>>
>> I think the statistics are showing that WIDEn-n is more widespread
>> and growing.... this is good...
>>
>> I'll hopefully get to talk to our national delegate during the week.
> so, I have restarted the data export, now including all digipeaters (# symbol).
> Now the stream comes from third.aprs.net, our german server only provides an european feed.
>
> I hope the machine (and your browser ;-) is able to handle the full digipeater feed,
> otherwise I will reduce the area of interest.
so, at this time, about 2600 digipeaters are in the xml export.

Below a short report about the used overlay symbols. About 1000 stations use
'S' as overlay, 120 '1' and only a few 'X' as overlay. These digipeaters are
marked with a yellow star and should WIDEn-n compatible.

Another 1000 stations are using old/wrong symbols ('/', 'N', 'U', 'D'), but supporting WIDEn-n also.
Stations with '/' are marked as white star, all other marked as red star.

About 70 stations are using 'T' as digipeater overlay, this seems to be digipeaters supporting TRACEn-n only.
These stations (and all other unknown) are marked with the orange symbol.

     986 overlay="S">
     752 overlay="/">
     243 overlay="N">
     130 overlay="1">
      92 overlay="U">
      81 overlay="L">
      70 overlay="T">

Displaying the map with all digipeaters eats up some cpu cycles on your local machine and needs some
memory.

Greetings

     Micha