[aprssig] Simplifying Europe to traceable WIDEn-N

Kai Gunter Brandt kai.brandt at hjemme.no
Sun Jun 8 16:06:49 EDT 2008

Jan T. Pharo skrev:
>> There are also some logic errors in the IARU proposal as they have only
>> replaced "every" WIDE word with TRACE.
>
> I am talking about semantics, the built-in meaning of the words.
> Not about what might or mightn't be in EDR's proposal.

yes but even if semantics is not correct then this is the simplest
solution to get the net tracable.

>> NRRL has also sendt an proposal and this complies with Bob's "EU"
>> recomandations.
>
> I don't doubt that, being aware of who introduced the US system in a
> part of Norway and who is now APRS manager in NRRL.

He is not an APRS mananger but a digital mananger so nodes, dstar etc is
in this terminology.

And there was users introdusing the new WIDEn-N before the digital
mananger tried to get one standard in Norway. And then i'm not speaking
for myselves or LA6IM

> Anyway, if the Region 1 decides to recommend one system for Region 1,
> it's alright with me (and I have said so).
> Taking the matter to the Region 1 is what should have been done in the
> first place.

Yes the net should be analyzed before the proposals and get some
experience from other countries etc.

But one "united" setup would be better for all parts anyhow.

Using APRS via satelites is also an issue.

Kai Gunter
LA3QMA