[aprssig] Tempn-N and the D710

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Jul 26 01:18:31 EDT 2008

Jay Freeman wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> I am setting up an OpenTracker 1+ to use on my ATV when I go riding in
> the remote areas of Arizona. I have been playing wiht it here at home
> tring to get the D710 in my truck to digipeat it using the path of
> TEMP2-2. UITRACE is on, with an alias of TEMP on the D710. The D710
> saw the beacon from the OT1+ but did not digipeat it. What am I doing
> wrong? I'd like to get this working since the HT I'll be using on the
> quad only puts out 5 watts which will probably not be enough in the
> mountains. But if it can reach my truck and then get digipeated I
> should be OK. I often ride alone and it would be nice if my friends
> and family could at least know where to look for the body if something
> goes wrong :).
>
> 73,
>
> Jay

The digipeater DOESN'T transmit on a path of TEMP2-2; rather it RESPONDS
to it.   If the alias in the digi doesn't match the path in the tracker,
it will ignore it.

Assuming your tracker will always hit your truck first, the mobile digi
should be set to an alias of TEMP.   The tracker then needs to be set to
a path of TEMP,WIDE2-1    or TEMP,WIDE2-2 .

Paths are procesed SEQUENTIALLY.    The truck will digipeat on TEMP.
Then "real" digis should hear the truck and respond to the next hop
(WIDE2-1 or WIDE2-2).

Note that if you DON'T reach the truck first (so the "TEMP" hop gets
marked as used up), then "real" digis will totally ignore your tracker's
transmission since they don't respond to "TEMP".   This means for for
everyday use in town (where you are not using the truck as the first
digi hop), the tracker needs to be reprogrammed to use the normal path
of WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 that normal digis expect.

  http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com

World Digipeater Map