[aprssig] tactical call identifier packet

Joel Maslak jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net
Wed Jul 23 14:41:31 EDT 2008

On Jul 23, 2008, at 12:25 PM, Wes Johnston, AI4PX wrote:

> In the case of RFID cards, they have fixed serial numbers, and
> we'll be transmitting those serial numbers over the air as the name
> of an object, or as the name of a station.  We need someway to map
> the serial number of the RFID card to a callsign.  Doesn't matter
> whether we transmit as an object or posit packet, it still needs to
> have the serial number converted to a callsign.

The packet's "From" address in an object packet, IIRC, should be a
valid callsign of the sending station.  That lets other stations know
who sent the object.

The packet's object name would be the serial number.

So every object packet could include both.  It would also let one
sending station have 200 RFID cards if needed.