[aprssig] tactical call identifier packet

Wes Johnston, AI4PX wes at ai4px.com
Wed Jul 23 14:25:49 EDT 2008

In the case of RFID cards, they have fixed serial numbers, and we'll be
transmitting those serial numbers over the air as the name of an object, or
as the name of a station.  We need someway to map the serial number of the
RFID card to a callsign.  Doesn't matter whether we transmit as an object or
posit packet, it still needs to have the serial number converted to a
callsign.

Wes

On 7/23/08, Joel Maslak <jmaslak-aprs at antelope.net> wrote:

> On Jul 23, 2008, at 7:45 AM, Wes Johnston wrote:
>
> > Could we create a new packet type that would force the display of a
> > tactical callsign instead of an object's real callsign?
>

> What about transmitting the position as an object instead of a
> position packet?

Wes
---
Where there's silence, there is no Hope.